Monday, October 1, 2012

Click restart now...

The water is 87 degrees. The air temperature at dawn is in the 70s. I don't want summer to end. But fronts are beginning to drop into north Florida. They stall and dissipate, but in October they become more numerous. More telling, the summer pattern of warm moist winds from the south is weakening. Sixty percent of our annual rainfall comes in June, July and August. October is a transition month into Florida's dry season.

We still head out at dawn if there is even the faintest chance of skiing. But we are spending more time biking now. (Our first bike event is next weekend, a metric century in Inverness, Florida.) It has been a great summer for us for water skiing. Al is pleased with his improvements. I'm very happy with mine. (My speed across the wakes  is approaching Al's.) There are so many more things I want to work on.

Can I click restart and reboot summer?


No comments: